Town Hall, Louth
Town Hall, Eastgate, Louth, LN11 9NH
Muted Trumpet, Tuba, Open Diapason, Tibia Clausa, Krummet, Clarinet, Viola, Violin Celeste, Flute, Vox Humana
A Number: 286 (Console A365)
Current Transmission System: Solid State
Original Location: Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby
Original Opening Date: 24th March 1934
1934: On 24th March the Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby opened with Reginald Dixon at the Compton.
c1950’s: The console and pedal were destroyed by water during the East Coast floods.
1970: The North Lincolnshire Theatre Organ Preservation Society was formed.
1972: The Compton was purchased in 1972 as scrap. A replacement console was purchased from Savoy Leyton and so was an Illuminated Surround which came from the Ritz Huddersfield. The Louth Borough Council altered the balcony and built the organ chamber at a cost of £1900, the rest being given by the society.
1975: The Compton opened in October with a Dance.
1975-2004: During this period the Compton was enlarged by way of a Diapason & Vox Humana.
2004: Further additions were made by the installation of Clarinet, Krummet, Diaphone, String Celeste.
2005: The console was replaced by the one originally on the Ritz Cinema Barrow-in-Furness Compton.
Muted Trumpet – Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby (A286)
Tuba – Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby (A286)
Open Diapason – Gaumont, Derby (A241)
Tibia Clausa – Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby (A286)
Krummet – Regal Cinema Canterbury (A194)
Clarinet – Regal Cinema Canterbury (A194)
Viola – Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby (A286)
Violin Celeste – New Victoria London (A73)
Flute – Queens Hall Cinema, Grimsby (A286)
Vox Humana – Carlton, Essex Road, London (A74)
Console – Ritz Cinema, Barrow in Furness (A365)
Surround – Ritz, Huddersfield (Opus 2191)