Thorngate Hall, Gosport
Thorngate Hall, Bury Road, Gosport, PO12 3QX
Currently no events planned at this venue – See website for club meeting information
Muted Trumpet (marked ‘Brass’ on tabs) Tuba Horn, French Horn, Diapason, Tibia, Clarinet, Kinura, Violoncello, Violin, Violin Celeste, Concert Flute, Stopped Flute, Vox Humana
A Number: 221
Current Transmission System: Compton Relays (Electro-Pneumatic)
Original Location: Gaumont Cinema, Wood Green, London
Original Opening Date: 25th November 1929
1934: The Gaumontt= Palace Wood Green opened on the 26th March with Frederic Bayco at the Compton.
1962: Theatre re-named Odeon.
1966: The cinema sold the Compton for £300 to Twickenham College of Technology.
1969: The Compton was opened at the College who presented it in concert regularly.
1980: The Compton was no longer required at Twickenham and the organ was donated to the Gosport and District Organ Club. They built special chambers at the rear of the Thorngate Hall’s Ballroom and installed the Compton.
1981: John Mann officially opened the Compton on 26th April.
1985: The Oboe and Basset Horn were taken off and modified to create a Kinura and Muted Trumpet.
ACCOMPANIMENT CHAMBER – Left of Stage
SOLO CHAMBER – Left of Stage
Muted Trumpet (marked ‘Brass’ on tabs)
Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Chimes