The Organ Loft, Belper
153c Far Laund, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1FP
This is a private residence with occasional events
Muted Trumpet, Tuba, Diapason, Tibia, Clarinet, Oboe Horn, Cello, Flute, Stopped Flute, Vox Humana + Piano & Melotone
A Number: 516
Current Transmission System: Compton Relays
Original Location: Plaza Cinema, Crosby
Original Opening Date: 2nd September 1939
This organ has the distinction of being the very last Theatre Pipe Organ built by the John Compton Organ Company and installed in a UK cinema.
1939: On 2nd September the Plaza Cinema, Crosby nr Liverpool opened with George Dawson at the Compton.
1974: The Compton was removed to a private residence in Chester.
1988: The Compton was purchased by David Redfern and installed in a building originally designed as a Pigsty in Belper.
1989: The Compton was officially opened on 2nd September.
Since then a further 5 ranks have been added Diapason, Stopped Flute, Clarinet, Oboe Horn, Vox Humana and an Upright Piano