The Burtey Fen Collection, Pinchbeck – 3/14 Compton
3 Burtey Fen Lane, Pinchbeck, Spalding, PE11 3SR
Muted Trumpet, Tuba, French Horn, Open Diapason, Tibia Clausa, Krummet, Oboe, Saxophone, Kinura, Clarinet, Violoncello, Violin Celeste, Flute, Vox Humana + Upright Piano
A Number: 280
Current Transmission System: Solid State
Original Location: Ritz Cinema, Tunbridge Wells
Original Opening Date: 3rd December 1934
1934: On 3rd December the Ritz Cinema, Tunbridge Wells opened with Alex Taylor at the Compton.
1970: Following twinning of the cinema, the Compton was removed and bought by the Henley and District Organ Trust.
1971: The Compton was opened in the Regal Cinema Henley-On-Thames by Reginald Dixon.
1986: The Regal Cinema closed.
1993: After a period of silence, the Compton was bought by Nick Pitts who installed it in his studio annexe.
1993-1999: The purchase and construction of a custom-built nostalgia venue taken on by Nick alongside Mark Willerton. The Compton was enlarged by three ranks.
1999: The Compton reopened in October in the newly built Burtey Fen Collection with a concert by Nigel Ogden.
Since then the Compton has had a further four ranks added.