Neuadd Pendre, Tywyn
4 Brook Street, Tywyn LL36 9DP
Style D Trumpet, Diaphonic Diapason, Tibia Clausa, Clarinet, Orchestral Oboe, Violin, Violin Celeste, Concert Flute, Vox Humana + Grand Piano
Opus Number: 2203
Model: Style Sp 3m (Granada MKI)
Current Transmission System: Wurlitzer Relays
Original Location: Granada Cinema, Woolwich
Original Opening Date: 20th April 1937
1937: On 20th April the Granada Cinema, Woolwich opened with Reginald Dixon at the Wurlitzer.
1972: The Wurlitzer was removed from the cinema and installed in conjunction with the Ritz, Workington Wurlitzer in a private cinema owned by Frank Newman in Carlisle. Only part of the Woolwich Wurlitzer was installed but both consoles were interconnected to play one organ.
1991: Saw both organs offered for sale and acquired by Charles Davidson. He subsequently sold the Woolwich Wurlitzer to John Smallwood.
1992: In June the removal of the organ took place and moved to Tywyn.
1993: By Easter the organ was playing, but only in small stable building.
1993-1996: The catalyst for installing the Wurlitzer in Neuadd Pendre was the Tywyn Town Council’s plan to extend the building which was used mainly as a Youth Club. The grant obtained enabled the hall to be completely refurbished, soundproofed and air conditioned and, in January 1996, the installation of the Wurlitzer got under way in earnest.
1996: The Wurlitzer was opened by David Lowe in the Neuadd Pendre.
c2002: A Orchestra Oboe was added.
Style D Trumpet
Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Chimes