Kinema in the Woods Cinema, Woodhall Spa
Kinema in the Woods, Coronation Road, Woodhall Spa, LN10 6QD
The organ is used prior to film screenings – see venue website for details
3/9 Compton ‘Kinestra’
Tuba, Diapason, Tibia, Krummet, Clarinet, Strings (II ranks), Flute, Vox Humana + Grand Piano
Current Transmission System: Compton Relays
Original Location: Super Cinema, Charing Cross Road, London
Initial Opening Date: 20th February 1928
1928: On 20th February Super the Cinema, Charing Cross Road, London opened with Edgar Peto at the Compton.
1947: The Compton was removed by Monk & Gunther.
1961: The Compton was acquired by Nigel Turner who installed it in a barn at his Nurseries. The original relays had disappeared so a new Hill, Norman & Beard electronic system was used. At this time a third manual was added.
1983: The Compton was purchased by James Green for The Kinema-in-the-Woods. The installation was taken on by David Hill.
1987: On 10th October the Compton was opened by Nicholas Martin.
Subsequently a Krummet has been added and a set of Compton relays were reinstalled.